Fwd: [oletrucks] fuel line

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: [oletrucks] fuel line
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:15:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/01 12:13:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bcurrent@csu.org
writes:

<< Is this a hard line (metal) or soft (rubber) line?  I would re-use the
metal line
 if it looks ok, maybe squirt some carb cleaner through it to see if it comes
out
 clean or not.  As for rubber lines, I would NOT reuse them if they are that
old.
 The main reason is that over time, they weaken structurally and could fail or
 rupture without warning and without outside visual signs of weakness.  You
 wouldn't know even happened until the flames and smoke made it hard to see
the
 road, and by then it's too late!!  Don't take the chance, rubber line is
cheap!

 Bill C.