[oletrucks] Leaking Hedman headers!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <60schevy@topica.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaking Hedman headers!
From: "Don Simmons" <tasimmons@cbnn.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 07:52:24 -0700
I have a 350 in my 62 and bought Hedman headers for it. After getting it
running and a little time on the engine, the headers leak at the heads badly.
I've tried doubling up the gaskets which helped a little but they still leak.
Anyone have any ideas? I guess next I will remove the headers and see if I can
grind the flanges down a little but this is ridiculous for brand new parts to
be this bad right out of the box! On the upside,the 2 1/2 exhaust with
Flowmaster mufflers sounds excellent!!!! Thanks for any input!

Don Simmons