Re: [oletrucks] need outside visor help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, givens@hal-pc.org
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need outside visor help
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:00:35 EDT
Hey Ron,i did this about a year ago but it took me a couple of years prior
to decide just were to drill the holes. i do know a fulton installation sheet
for the 47 to 53 trucks exists but never could get my hands on one ....so i
looked at a lot of pictures and other trucks before making my choice as were
to drill. i put mine were the back is about even with the roof line with the
front slightly tipped down.the width is adjustable too so you need to measure
do some trial and error fitting. to be sure you have the right visor the
center section should have a distinct  V at the center as opposed to a
rounded edge that meets the roofline and the side support arms should be two
piece adjustable for trucks and one piece for cars.the short arm makes it dip
to low at the sides ...all the original hardware is stainless so they
polished right up..you have to do a little bending of the bracket in the door
jam area so the door shuts with out hitting the bracket .and drill your
holes....then its still quite adjustable, at the sides and the middle..two
people two help you hold it would be ideal...here is link to see some PICS of
mine on Rob Englishe's website WWW.OLDGMCTRUCKS.COM.... <A
HREF="http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0020.html";>PrintMaster Web Page4</A>
or the address for PICS of my truck with visor
http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0020.html
Steve Retherford

In a message dated 6/2/01 5:45:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time, givens@hal-pc.org