[oletrucks] Re: Air Compressor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Air Compressor
From: "The Slesaks" <foghorn@ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:06:52 -0500
Ok Jim, I get your point.  $260.00 is not a bad price for a compressor of
that size, even if it does have an oil-less pump.  For what you describe, it
should get the job done.  Just be prepared to have to re-do a few things due
to excess condensation in your tank getting onto your work from the motor
running all of the time.  You will find that a small compressor is a very
handy tool around the garage/house.  If you ever get into wood working, you
will find it very useful for nail guns.  It's not a waste of money at all,
just not the right tool for your intended use.

Your other option would be to rent a larger gas or diesel powered compressor
and sandblaster whenever you need them.  From your time table, you should
only need it for one or two weekends a year.  By the time you buy the Sears
compressor, ($260.00), siphon feed blaster ($80.00) and cheap HVLP paint gun
($80.00), you could rent the proper size units several times, get your job
done, and not have the dust collector.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,
Tim Slesak
41 GMC 3/4 ton

Jim asked:
So with all of this said can I get buy with a 30 gal 135 PSI 8.6/6.4 40/90
PSI for the price of $259.88?  Or is it a waist of money and I could not get
anything done with it.