Re: [oletrucks] BOLT QUESTION

To: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] BOLT QUESTION
From: antonio <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:58:25 -0700
I got a set of Clutch-head driver bits at a Black and
Decker store close out for about $0.35 a piece, they
were just sitting there in one of the closeout bins.
This was a while back when there were getting ready to
merge with another company.

Antonio,
'53 3100

Quoting john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>:

> Pete:
>
> As a suggestion, don't buy the clutch head screw
drivers, from NAPA.
> They are too expensive.  Someplace, I have a catalog
that has them in it.
>  I priced them at NAPA, sometime ago and they wanted
as much for one as
> I could buy all four out of the cat.  I had a
complete set back in the
> 50's, but someone needed them worse that I and so I
had to buy some new
> ones,  Sears, said they don't have them any more.
That is where I bought
> my first set.  Guess a lot of the old things are out
of production any
<passnb4u@earthlink.net> writes:
> >   Pete,
> >

> >   I think I do recall them being clutchhead
bolts...the "slot" looks

> > like a "figure 8" screwdriver slot?  If so, they're
clutchhead.

> >   I was critical of originality, once I got the
bolts out, I filed
> > the
> > holes in the bedsides and the fender square and
used stepbolts to
> > reassemble.
> >

> >   If I recall, NAPA, FLAPs, etc will carry a
clutchhead driver
> > set.

side and don't
> > have
> > the
> >
> > right socket driver to take the rear fender bolts
off.

> > Our Sears is remodeling and I can't find squat
there so if anyone

http://216.149.54.155/bolt_question.htm

> > I believe it is called a "clutch head" but I'm not
sure

> > Also I have started to chronicle the rebuild of two
different
> > vehicles
> > and
> >
> > have posted a few beginning pictures. Take a look
if you wish. This

> > group
> >
> > has been an amazing wealth of info and I'm sure I
will be posting a
> > ton
> > of
> >
> > questions in the near future. So THANKS everyone.
> >
> > http://216.149.54.155/58index.htm
> >

> > Pete Hagan
> >
> > 58 3100 (off frame resto)
> >
> > 62 Falcon Futura (daddy's little red car)
> >
> > 62 Ranchero (parts runner)
> >

> > --- Mike
> >
> > --- passnb4u@earthlink.net
> > oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
between 1941 and