Re: [oletrucks] Original or IFS

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Original or IFS
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bob,

I'm looking at useing Progressive Automotive.  I don't
remember their address at this time.  They build mult
stage custom frames for all kinds of vehicles.
Another place that I've heard of is TCI (Total Costs
Involved) although I don't believe they build frames
for these trucks but I've heard good feedback on their
frames from a lot of older Ford owners.  I've heard of
quite a few people putting these cabs on S10 frames.
Although, I wouldn't as they are not the same weight
rateing as these trucks are.  S10's are not 1/2 ton
trucks.  If your just going to drive it around and put
lighter items in the bed, then it probably works out
great.  But if ya wanna haul some heavy weight with
it, I wouldn't be suprised if the frame flexs and
stays that way.  I've personally seen this quite a
bit.  My frame was like this when I got my truck.
Thats partly why I'm going to be getting rid of it...

Jon
Mod 53 3100 Deluxe

--- Bob KNOTTS <raknotts@qwest.net> wrote:
> Jon, spellcheckers are great. What kind of frame are
> you getting? I'm just
> starting in this old truck business, and I'm
> thinking of putting an older GMC
> cab on a newer or custom frame. I want an old look
> with a more modern ride and
> safety. Thanks. Bob
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

=====
Jon
stkcode@yahoo.com