Re: [oletrucks] Cutting down those high RPM's

To: "50chevy" <50chevy@iwon.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cutting down those high RPM's
From: "S Culver" <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:09:11 -0500
I've been there and done that with the '50 235, 4-speed etc.  What I did was
change the rear end gear ratio (not sure what it is now) from 4.11, and put
16 inch wheels and big tires on.  Gets about 40% more speed for the same
RPMs.  Next planned project is an automatic transmission with overdrive.  At
least I can cruse at 60 now, and don't sound like the engine is about to
blow!

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)