RE: [oletrucks] Cutting down those high RPM's

To: "Jon Fudge" <jonfudge@home.com>, "dpewter" <dpewter@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Cutting down those high RPM's
From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:24:44 -0600
Thanks Jon (and others)....

The lack of ratio options has long been recognized as a limitation of
the torque tube in these oletrucks.  It seems safe to conclude that
the consensus of experience from those on this list (in this thread
and many others in the archives) is that replacement of the rear end
is the most common approach for those that value conversation at
highway speeds (and perhaps those, like me, that are tired of removing
puddles of drips from the garage floor ;-)  It would further seem,
from my assesment of the options, that replacement is also the most
cost effective solution.

-A