Re: [oletrucks] 305

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 305
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:09:34 -0500
Has anyone on the list actually installed a GMC 270/292 into an advanced
design truck?  Or, does anyone know of a magazine article that shows the
installation.  I wonder what modifications would be necessary to
accommodate the longer engine?  How much trouble would it be to move the
radiator forward, or would that even be necessary?  I would much prefer a
large I6 rather than a similar displacement V8.  There was a pretty good
article in one of the recent truck magazines (Custom Classic Trucks, I
think) about getting more HP out of the old I6s.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (project)
Arnaudville, LA

                    jls

                    <jls@seavcom.com>           To:     "Durwood B. Darbin"

                    Sent by:                    <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        cc:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                    x.team.net                  Subject:     Re: [oletrucks]
305

                    09/25/01 04:56 PM

                    Please respond to

                    jls

The GMC 305 is a V6.

What you want is the GMC 270/292 I6
It's a little longer but I've heard about people putting them in where a
235 once was.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Durwood B. Darbin wrote:

> Is a GMC 305 a V6 or a straight six?  If a straight six, will it fit in a
49
> GMC 3/4 ton kinda like a 235/261 will go in a Chevy where a 216 was?  The

> GMC path is really fuzzy for me.  What inline six engines are in GMCs?
>
> Durwood
> 51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
>

> >The 305 GMC is an over designed V6.  There aren't any performance parts
> >available for these beasts but they run forever.

Thanks,
-JLS

I'm climbing for the American Lung Association
http://www.pledgepage.com/jls
Please sign the guest book