[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1503

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1503
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:19:37 EST
Hey, Carl, thanks for the input.  I visited fellow list member, Tony Grabon,
today and took a ride in his nice '55 with built 283 and mono-leaf on all
four corners.  He is about to install a Monte Carlo front end.  The visit was
to ride in his '55 and decide whether it is what I want.  I believe it is
not.  It rides nicely on a smooth road but any dip or bump causes unpleasant
bottoming.  My friend wants all of the parts Tony is about to replace so
nothing will go to the recycler.  Your thoughts about removing leaves sound
reasonable and are probably my next project.  The biggest problem is there is
not much travel to begin with!  When you start with only about 4" and lower
it by 2" you will bottom out.  The Poly Ride Liner sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for the help.

     Dennis McGillis
     1955 Cameo
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America