Re: [oletrucks] Portable heaters??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Portable heaters??
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:39:43 -0600
I've used the little heaters that go on top of a 5# propane tank with good
results in an uninsulated garage, but then again I live in southern
Louisiana.  If your garage is insulated then that heater may just work.
Another solution that puts out much more heat is a kerosene heater.  We
have one that we use when the temperatures are pretty low and it will run
us out of the house.  If you want something portable and relatively
lightweight, I would recommend the kerosene heater.  We got ours at Lowe's.

BobK
51 3600 5-window
Arnaudville, LA

                    "AKBurke"

                    <ajkburke@msn.com>          To:
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        Subject:     [oletrucks]
Portable heaters??
                    x.team.net

                    01/05/02 10:20 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "AKBurke"

What do you use for heating your shop??

I'm tired of freezing my butt off and trying to work on the oletruck
with numb fingers.  Would one of those tank-top propane heaters (~$50,
15-20K BTU) be sufficient to take the chill out of a standard
residential two-car garage??...or would I need something
bigger??....how many BTU's should I get??...the outside temps are
typically 30-40 degrees, and I'm not looking for room temp, just
something comfortable to work in.  What about the monoxide
fumes?...any concerns about running a too small heater for too
long?....seems venting defeats the whole purpose.

your thoughts?
-A
'49 3104
'49 3105