Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall
From: "Robert Rogers" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:08:18 -0600
Greg,

The mounting points on the '58 (55-2 through 59) are on the same plane.  It
should work just fine on your smooth fire wall.  I would however recommend
re-enforcing the firewall with some shallow channel iron/aluminum or at
least some large fender washers.  If the battery / tray bounces very much
it's going to crack the bondo on the firewall.

Good Luck

Rob