Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall
From: "Greg Green" <greg@a1glass.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:44:26 -0000
Doug / Smiler

OK....you guys have convinced me.....I'll use the drop down box.....and put
it on the frame....WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!......I replaced the entire floor
board so there are no holes in it...yet and would like to keep it that way
so I don't have to have access through the carpet.   I put my trans cooler
basically where the old box was but I can move it.

I was never wild about the firewall idea to start with.  At one time I was
going to build a custom accessory/tool box in the bed to match the bed wood
and put the battery in it (never really liked that idea either),  but it got
nixed when I used Polished Stainless bed strips and covered the boards with
polished stainless sheet metal....I had a sheet metal shop break the covers
to the original wood shape and then I had to adjust the wood dimensions down
alittle in order to fit the stainless covers....The Bed looks exactly like
original except that it is ALL polished stainless....I've never seen one
like it.....

Greg
'48 Hot Rod in Progress