Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 48-53 Battery on Firewall
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:37:44 -0600
The two angles backing the 55-2 through 59 battery trays are flat
and are bolted into the firewall with four 1/2" bolts.  I saw a 57
tray in a 53 once, it was a farm modification but looked like it
belonged there.  It wass in pretty much the same position as the
TF trucks.

There are two tray styles, pre 58 and a more modern 58 and 59.  The
newer version is better.  The older version needs a metal frame that
goes around the top of the battery, including next to the + terminal,
and looks like a short waiting to happen if a battery cable or terminal
goes astray.  The newer version is similar to more modern ones, running
the hold down clamp across the top of the battery and looks a lot
safer.

I think chromed versions are available from the after market outfits.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN