Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire carrier for AD

To: jhouse@ccsol.com, CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spare tire carrier for AD
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:48:58 EST
In a message dated 1/25/02 3:14:53 PM Central Standard Time, jhouse@ccsol.com
writes:

<< I have one, took it off a truck that was in the junkyard on its side.  I
started to sand blast it - but it was slow going.  I also have the hard to
find support bolt with the ORIGINAL wing nut.  >>
The spare carrier you have is for a later AD.  My '48 has the carrier that
has the center   J-bolt rear mount.  It is mounted in the middle of the frame
and slides straight back and down to access the spare tire.  This is how the
'47 and '48 models were.  Maybe others can help out with the other AD years.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX