[oletrucks] Re: steering column/wheel length changes, TF...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: steering column/wheel length changes, TF...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:41:21 EST
    I found out that the column length changed slightly, the '58-59 TF trucks
had slightly shorter columns, and a recessed center on the steering wheel,
and extended the wheel rim out some, so when you turn the wheel, your arm
doesn't hit the horn buttone. I have done that in both my '55 TF trucks (
3800 farm truck, 3200 Suburban ), and it gets annoying! I thought about going
to a later column and wheel for that reason. And the automatic columns have
the mounting for the shifter rod slightly altered too, I think. Not sure.
Anyway, that's about it.

Jerry
'55 Chevy Sub, possible up for sale soon in Virginia...