Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine color?

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine color?
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:04:36 -0500
Mark,

If his engine is the original one than he should be able to determine the
correct color by looking at it.  By that I mean when he takes it out and
starts disassembly there will be areas that will have the original paint on
it in all probability if it has been repainted.

Jim V.

At 09:08 PM 2/4/02 Monday, mark@noakes.com wrote:
>I've been contacted by someone who is restoring a 56 1/2 ton, and he wants
>every nut and
>bolt correct and every color exact.  He claims that his truck has the
>original 235 in it
>and that it is blue, but he wants to know what color it should be.
>
>1--I told him that he should join this list, and he may eventually.
>
>2--I told him that I would ask around.   I'm pretty sure that the Corvette
>53-55 235's
>were blue and thought that the car sixes overall were blue.   I thought
>that the truck
>235's were gray.
>
>Anyone have any comments?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark Noakes
>58/56 Chevy Suburban
>59 GMC Suburban
>Knoxville, TN

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net