Fwd: [oletrucks] V6 or I6?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: [oletrucks] V6 or I6?
From: Old52pu@cs.com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:04:52 EST
From: Old52pu@cs.com
Full-name: Old52pu
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:37:40 EST
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] V6 or I6?
To: majordomo@autox.team.net

Hi, I have a 52 chevy pu that has been sitting for a while. It ran when I
parked it. I have been looking at the pros and cons on putting these back
original or street rodding or just changing a few things for safety reasons.
My truck is close to original as far as I can tell by looks. It needs
somebody work and engine work along with brake repairs. My
                                             question's are,

            1.  My engine block has a crack on the side, It was there when I
bought the truck and ran fine. I was thinking about putting a 292six in or a
327. I'm leaning more for the 292 because I dont want to have to cut my truck
up or move radiator etc. Will the 292 fit OK, are the motor mounts the same
as the 216/235, will my 3 spd on the column work OK, and what year 292 will
work, what changes if any will  have to be made? The reason I was looking at
the 292 is I heard you could beef these engines up nice for a six.

22. Will I have to change rear end's, and if so what will work best?

33. Will I have to up grade the brakes?

                     Thanks in advance, Larry.