[oletrucks] HOW WIDE: FRONT TIRES WITH MANUAL STEERING

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HOW WIDE: FRONT TIRES WITH MANUAL STEERING
From: Noyes <dnoyes@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:35:56 -0800
It is time to put tires on my project truck.  I want to run radials on my
'50 3600 w/350/TH350 with a stock front end (MANUAL steering).

For the fronts, I'm looking at either 215/85-16, or 235/85-16 with a
relatively smooth tread.

Is anyone running 235s with manual steering?  Can my petite wife steer it?
How about  with 215s?

Is anyone running anything wider with manual steering?

This truck has never run with me as the owner, and I have no prior
experience.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Noyes