RE: [oletrucks] Pulling Steering Wheel on AD - Help needed

To: dave@juniorbaseball.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Pulling Steering Wheel on AD - Help needed
From: josiah.bartlett@exgate.tek.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:53:56 -0800
Dave,
I think you need to use an actual steering wheel puller. What you are doing
sounds dangerous.

Steering wheels can be rather stuck due to the large surface area of the
splines and the tendancy for them to have been on there for 50 years with no
protection from rust. Apply a good penetrating oil like kroil or 3-in-one or
PB blaster and let it soak in overnight. Apply more in the morning and try
it again.

Tapping always helps things along a bit, but be careful not to break
anything.
Regards,
Josiah