Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question

To: <nateley@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question
From: "Andrew Roberts" <arobs@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 04:45:20 -0800
This is correct.  The middle two carriage bolts hold the mount to the
front plate of the engine; the outer two bolts hold the mount to the front
cross member.

My 235 is a '54 model, so I didn't have to drill the front plate.  It
would be nice to drill the front plate with it unattached to the engine,
but I believe that would require pulling the camshaft, so unless you have
the engine torn down already, you'll have to drill it on the block.

The best way I can think of doing this is to rotate the engine upside down
and wheel the stand underneath a drill press.  If you go the hand drill
route, don't forget to wedge a block of wood between the timing cover and
the plate so that you don't accidentally drill into the cover when you get
through the plate.

>From the factory, the middle two carriage bolts had to be inserted down
through the front plate before the timing cover was put on.  If you're not
taking the time to make it original (with square holes), it would be a lot
easier to insert the bolts from the bottom; there's plenty of clearance to
put nylocks in with the timing cover already installed.

--
Andrew Roberts
1949 3600