Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question

To: "Dustin Cross" <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question
From: Thomas Allen <thallen@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:19:35 -0800
While on the subject of front motor mounts: On my open driveshaft one-ton,
I was able to significantly reduce driveshaft vibration by shimming the
front motor mount. this matches the angles of the front and center
u-joints. They must match for minimum vibration. This is also true of
one-piece drive shafts. I undid the front motor mount bolts and jacked up
the motor a little. Then with the rear wheel off the ground ,  I ran the
motor in high gear around the speed where the vibration had been most
annoying. By letting the motor down a little at a time and running the
motor in  gear I was able to find the level where the vibration was least.
I put some horseshoe shaped body shims under the mount and tightened it
down. Now I have virtually no vibration at highway speeds.

Tom Allen
Seattle, WA