Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question

To: a70ragtop@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD front motor mount question
From: "Dustin Cross" <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:33:43 -0700
I used a 235 out of a '58 car in my '53 pickup    I was able to drill one
hole in the lip but I think (its been 10 years or so...) that the lip was
shaped so I couldnt get a second bolt in

Dustin

As I recall, the 216 had a single middle front motor mount that bolts to the
bottom lip of the timing cover base plate (the cover base plate, bolts to
the block...it is just a flat plate that holds the front timing cover, and
has a lip on the bottom)...the bolts go thru the cover plate, thru the motor
mount, thru the front crossmember, and then the nut and washer.

The bottom lip of the 235 cover plate doesn't have any holes, as apparently
the TF 235's used two side mounted engine mounts near the front of the block
(rather than the single center mount the 216 used), so it didn't need the
holes in the cover plate like the 216 has.  So, I think I will either need a
216 cover plate (assuming it will swap to the 235), or drill the missing
holes into the 235's lower lip on the cover plate.  The holes in the 216
were squared to accept carriage bolts I think, but I can either file them
square, or not use carriage bolts.

Rob

My Zen Moment for the Day:  Duct tape is like the "Force."  It has a light
side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.