Re: [oletrucks] Big Thank You-

To: smiler <Moneymatters@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Big Thank You-
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:57:20 -0400
Rocky
I could use a short bed if you have a spare one... I have the fenders. I
live in Lisbon Ct.
Roger

                    smiler

                    <Moneymatters@snet.n       To:     Ole Trucks
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    et>                        cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [oletrucks] Big
Thank You-
                    owner-oletrucks@auto

                    x.team.net

                    04/07/02 06:21 PM

                    Please respond to

                    smiler

Some of you will recall the AD Mecca thread that ran  a year and a half
ago or so...After a false start, fellow list members pulled together to
help me acquire a few dozen trucks from a private collection and ship
them from Colorado to Connecticut.  Today we unloaded the fifth (and my
wife says final load of trucks).
You see here in Connecticut the local stuff is all rotted to h*** and
parts are like hen's teeth..Well East Coast truckers celebrate as we now
have both in Connecticut...  It's not all perfect , holes and a few
bullet holes here and there, but solid rust free rot free
bodies/parts....

Anyway
Two special thanks go out to  Durwood Darbin for bird dogging the
initial deal and whose video taking skills, sold me on the whole
"enchilada" as Durwood put it.   The other Thank you goes to Steve
Bergman, cell number 214-632-7125   who logged 10,000 miles for this
project and didn't even quit when he hit a BEAR while delivering the
trucks ( actually the Bear hit him, running down a hill and into the
truck's path busting up the grill and moldings)...Without Steve it
simply would not have happened...He's a gentleman and a professional.
(insert plug for Steve now!) He will also be happy to help any other
fellow truckers  move their stuff from one part of the country to
another....  Thank you to Both these guys... A lot of trust, faith and a
little good luck and I can proudly and happily call these guys my
friends.  Now I have the pleasure to sort all this stuff out and see
what I "need" to keep and what I can sell off.

--
Chet Balint
1950 Chevy AD "Rocky"

http://pages.cthome.net/chevypickup50/