Re: [oletrucks] 2nd Call for advice on wiring kits

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 2nd Call for advice on wiring kits
From: Keith Durand <kdurand@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 23:47:31 -0400
I bought the Centech 10 circuit kit, and it had everything I needed. The
price is better than Painless, and I feel the quality is better. All
Centech connections are soldered-- I solder everything. I also never use
plastic insulated terminals-- heat shrink over soldered, crimped
connections is the best way to go.

There is also huge variation in quality of heat shrink. 3M makes good
stuff. I believe the stuff I had was marked shrink and seal. It has a
soft liner that melts and seals the connection.

Unless you need power everything, a 10 circuit is enough. I am using the
power window feed for the cigarette lighter. I wouldn't want to deal
with any more circuits, as they are hardwired into the back. The most
appropriate way to remove extra circuits is to cut the buss bars (which
is a pain), so I would rather add circuits using the plugs that are on
the front of the GM panels. I have yet to add a circuit for torque
convertor lockup, which piggybacks off the brake light circuit.

If you have any questions, I would rather answer them that work a
problem set.

Keith
www.mit.edu/~kdurand