Re: [oletrucks] IFS Swap

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS Swap
From: "Jay Baker" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:58:25 -0600
I'm considering this swap for my 38 1/2 so any info is appreciated i have a
couple of ways i can go i have a 70 1/2 6 lug wheels drum brakes that i
could use. (running driving truck ) or i have a 72 1/2 frame (rolling
chassis butchered frame)
 I think the concern on the 67-71 is 6 hole what is kinda what i want so i
can use stock wheels or the custom wheels curently on the 70. So what i'm
thinking of doing emphasise on thinking i'm going to do all my homework
before committing is this putting the 72 frontend and rear end in the 70 to
give it disc brakes and 5 lug pattern and using it's suspension in the 38
any thing i'm over looking.
 I measured the 38 frame and it's about 1 narrower than the 72 frame i'm
assuming the 70 is the same and i thought you could either bolt or weld some
spacers on to take up the difference and be in bussiness i understand the
steering box will be a bit of a problem but not to much i may have top cut
part of the inner fender to allow for the column but a small sacrifice for
ifs power brakes and a truck front end . Or i could just leave the 70 alone
and use the 72 stuff on the 38 . only down fall here is i cant use my stock
6 lug wheels? Am i missing anything such as width problems height problems
etc i understand your example is with a task force truck so this may be
opening up an whole other can of worms but any thoughts are appreciated.
(clear as Mud)
 I also forgot to mention that i dont want to butcher frame in 38 so i can
return to stock someday if i want to or somebody else does.

 Thx Jay Baker
38 1/2 and there not enough room to list the rest