Re: [oletrucks] 350/700R4

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, "George C. Perez" <gp670@visi.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350/700R4
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:09:20 -0700
I checked a year or so ago with a couple of  transmission shops here in the
PHX area, and they both told me that they tow  race cars on a trailer all
over the SW to races with a chevy or GMC one ton dually with the 454 engine,
and with a properly built trans., you don't have any trouble.One (the guy
with the GMC!) tows TWO race cars-his wife races too! Keep in mind we have
110 degree weather much of the summer, and up to 117. We hit 122 a few years
ago. At the time I was trying to figure out how to adapt a 700 R4 to my IH
Scout 345 V-8. Couldn't do it. Now somebody makes an adapter (avail thru
Advance adapters). As somebody else mentioned, don't overheat the
transmission, have the trans. serviced regularly.(yes,you really do have to
do this!!), and change the fluid. If I were towing anything with an
automatic transmission, I KNOW I would have a transmission Temp gauge
installed.  Bob K in PHX,AZ

Fluid is cheaper than new trans. Bob