RE: [oletrucks] sand blaster

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] sand blaster
From: josiah.bartlett@exgate.tek.com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:20:31 -0700
Anyone made an air compressor out of a spare engine? That will give you all
the air you need. You just split the intake and exhaust manifolds so that
half of the cylinders run the engine and half of them pump air. You do every
other cylinder in the firing order so that the engine runs evenly. It works
best on heads without siamesed ports though. Usually the engines are either
SBC's or old flathead 4's, the Willys/Continental 134 being popular.