Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question

To: <ryan_border@hp.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 11:12:11 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
Ryan, It DON'T come apart. Shaft and housing is one pc all the way to
steering wheel. You have to remove steering arm (with puller only) and
steering wheel and probly shift linkage or at least handle and rods (I've
only done 4-spds with no shifters) and unbolt from dash, at floor remove
plate and rubber and THEN unbolt entire box from frame and pull out "down=
"
from cab/frame. I have ruined boxes trying to remove the housing from box=
,
they don't come out, or not easy for sure, and then as said, the shaft is
one pc inside it to wheel anyway, so still in way. AND, if youhave fender=
still on, have to remove or loosen inner fender to clear the box assembly
coming out on outside of frame, it won't clear on inside!  FUN yet?=0D
=0D
G. L. Perry =0D
Huntington, IN =0D
=0D