Re: [oletrucks] overdrive - how they work...

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>, "Ralph Linnell"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] overdrive - how they work...
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:57:08 -0400
I started thinking about Saginaw overdrives again last night on seeing two
of them in Tom Langdon's shop (www.stoveboltengineco.com). As Chevysix
mentioned, I ran a Sag 4-speed OD for years and loved it. The shifter was a
few days worth of fabrication and tweaking, well worth the effort. You will
need the Hurst shifter kit from Patricks, then you must fabricate some
brackets to mount the shifter a bit higher and forward to clear the
solenoid. The reverse tab has to be flipped over (changing the position of
reverse from down to up) and a new shorter reverse linkage rod made from
scratch. Not rocket science but it does take some study  and trial & error.
The shifter protrudes up into the cab due to the higher mounting, but a big
Hurst boot covers it all up pretty well.

Jack / Winter Park FL