[oletrucks] 58 chevy rebuild

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 chevy rebuild
From: "Andrew Thomas" <adt54@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:28:03 -0500
I just purchased a 58 chevy pick up to rebuild and restore.   It has a pretty
good body, the transmission needs to be rebuilt, I think that the carburetor
will need to be rebuilt also, and it needs new rubber in the doors, hood and
window.  The previous owner has let it sit for about three years.  He would go
out and there and start it about once a month, but not much else.  I had a 59
in high school, but when I bought it, it was in much better condition.  I have
a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

Where do I start, and what order should I take?

How much is it going to cost to get minor body work, and a really good paint
job both inside and out?

Someone cut holes in the doors for speakers down at the bottom where it is
kind of wavy, can a body guy patch that, or do I need to look for new doors?

Do I redo the bed before or after I paint?

Are there any good books out their for first timers (i.e. Restoring an Ole
Truck for Dummies)?

Andrew Thomas
Rowlett, Tx