Re: [oletrucks] Power Steering in a 55 second series

To: oldchevypickup@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Power Steering in a 55 second series
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:58:58 -0500
Dan:

Just completed what you described with the exception of replacing the
original steering column (on my '56 it's one piece, column connected to
steering gear), with a tilt column from a late 80's Pontiac Gran Prix.
Can't begin to tell you the obstacles I encountered, it took me a full month
longer than expected to complete the project.  I'm planning on writing a
tech article for the chevytrucks.org website titled "What they DIDN'T tell
you about power steering conversions on TF trucks".  Plan to have the
article done in the next 30 days or so if you can wait.  If not, email me
off-list and I'll put together some thoughts and comments.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL