[oletrucks] starting question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] starting question
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:03:00 EDT
Hi, folks!

I read all the mails from this list with a great interest, even when I'm not
really concerned, and I never think about asking questions myself...I have a
bunch though..

This is probably a simple one, but it's been bothering me for a long time :
last year I had to leave my truck far away from home, and I guess for 6 month
or so no one started the engine. It runs pretty well, once started, but
before this "no use" period, I could just turn the key to its first step,
slam the pedal (not the brake pedal!) twice, leave my foot on the floor, and
it would start right away at the starting sollicitation (at the full turn of
the key).

Now, I have to put the choke on (manually, as I don't have any choke cable),
and the engine will start right up.

Once the engine runs, no problem, but if it does not start right away, I have
to put the choke on again, till it starts.

Any idea? (This is a '68 327 (w/powerglide) with a 650 cfm 4 barrel Edelbrock
carburator on a 56 stepside).

Any comment would be the most welcome. JP