RE: [oletrucks] starting question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] starting question
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
I have rebuilt many carburators because of people
leaving them sit without starting them. The gas
evaporates and gums the small passages in the
carburator.
This was not a bad problem 30 years ago.  With todays
gasoline, this is a real problem.  If you can find
someone with a tank of carburator cleaner, that will
remove the gum. Most of the good carburator cleaning
solvents have been outlawed, I think they used
touluene or carbon tetrachloride, I remember it was
nasty stuff, but really cleaned carburators.
If you can't use the gasoline within a short time, try
some of the extender products on the market.  They
claim they are good for several monthes.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100