[oletrucks] heater/dash info?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] heater/dash info?
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:48:10 -0800
I'm looking for information on what the heater situation should be with my
truck.  When I got it, it came in pieces, and assembled the truck.  It came
with a heater when I got it, but not sure it had one when new.  It was a
county truck, a real strippy.  now that the weather is turning, I would like
some heat on those cold mornings.  Where would the levers have been on the
dash?  My truck has 2 spaces in the dash, one seems to be for nothing on the
pass side and the one on the driver's side is missing, which I initially
thought was for an ashtray.  They are maybe 4" tall and 2"wide.  Was one of
these supposed to be for the heater switches?  Please help.  Would appreciate
some good pics of an original dash.

Thanks,

Devin  '57 3100