Re: [oletrucks] 53 1-ton panel ideas and questions

To: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 1-ton panel ideas and questions
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:59:45 -0600
John, thanks for the feedback.

What are the issues with the 700r4 tranny when rebuilding?
I'm assuming the this is a later tranny.  Its been a LONG time
since I've dealt with anything Chevy so if these sound like
dum questions I appologize!

So a 3/4 or 1-ton rear pumpkin (chunk, diff, etc) from the later
units will bolt right into a 53 housing?  If so that will greatly
simplify changing gear ratios.

It looks like the max weight of our towed race trailer is likely
to be in the 7000 lb range.  So I'm assuming 3.90 or 3.73
gearing would be the better choices.  Were those available in
the 3/4 or 1-ton trucks?

I have no problem fedexing my old front axle to you, of
course that would only happen if I win the lottery myself, in
which case I'd probably hand deliver it to you!!

I thought about dual tank fillers, one on each side but I doubt
that my wife would want to modify the truck in that way.  We
both like the stock look but also like our creature comforts....!

Thanks for all the good info.

Brad