Re: [oletrucks] questions on a mid 70's 3/4 ton IFS swap into 1

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] questions on a mid 70's 3/4 ton IFS swap into 1
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:40:40 -0600
The articles on this that I have seen either used spacers to fill the space
between the IFS and the frame (leaving the wheels too wide and outside of
the fenders) or they chopped a section out of the crossmember (still
leaving the wheels a little too wide I think).  The other thing was that,
if memory serves, they used the IFS from a mid-70s 1/2 ton, not a 3/4 ton
pickup. Was I mistaken on this?  I may be confusing the IFS install with
the rearend pumpkin install . .  .

BobK
51 3600 5-window (still in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      "Steve Hanberg"

                      <steve@oldsub.com>         To:       "Brad Kahler"
<brad.kahler@141.com>,
                      Sent by:                    <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                      owner-oletrucks@aut        cc:

                      ox.team.net                Subject:  Re: [oletrucks]
questions on a mid 70's 3/4 ton
                                                  IFS swap into 1  ton

                      12/02/02 10:10 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Steve Hanberg"

At least one of the articles I've seen about doing this type of swap showed
narrowing the crossmember.  You might consider that approach too.