Re: [oletrucks] Electric Wiper doesn't park?

To: nochay@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net, edselmail@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electric Wiper doesn't park?
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 18:41:48 -0500
Steve,
There is a switch inside the wiper motor that keeps power going to the
motor until the wipers are in the park position, otherwise they would
stop anywhere when the main switch was turned off. if the gears inside
the motor never get all the way to the park position to open the park
switch the motor will never shut off. I have seen defective park
switches keep a motor running, but you say that yours does shut off with
the linkage removed, therefor the switch does work.

Yes the linkage is original, but the motor is not, when I put the
electric wipers in mine the motor travel was so far off that the wipers
slammed into the windsheild rubber on the bottom and didn't go all the
way to the outer edge on the top end of the stroke.

the fact that the motor works without the linkage and not with shows
that the problem lies with the relationship of the two.