RE: [oletrucks] OD Transmission

To: Bill.Hanlon@hp.com, "Ole_Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] OD Transmission
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:55:20 -0800 (PST)
Agreed, the Borg-Warner info that I have does mention that it was available for
the
Chevy trucks but doesn't mention GMC one way or the other.

However, it' still a nice way to have both 3.90 gears for accel and 2.73 gears
for
cruising.

GMC may not have thought that the OD was durable enough or they may have
thought that
their optional ratio, 3.43?, was adequate.  My 59 GMC parts sub has this
optional rear
axle and I've also seen it mentioned in GMC literature.

Mark Noakes

"Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" wrote:

> Blaine:
>       GMC Master Parts Book does not list 3 speed OD transmission for TF
>trucks.  I believe
> Chevy did offer OD trans, probably the same one as used in cars of the period.

but