Re: [oletrucks] 51 Chevy 1/2 ton

To: <Ayelander52@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 51 Chevy 1/2 ton
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:25:52 -0500
Parts from 47 to 53 are mostly the same and can interchange. Some things on
51.....vent windows with turn-down door handles. Push button handles from 52
on. No vent window means 50 or earlier.  Go to www.stovebolt.com and use
links there to see sites that have ID help on them. Carter's is one. Good
site to join too. It has good info and bulletin/forums to get on. Links to
other sites and vendors and a picture Gallery.  If you look on engine behind
the distributor is a machined angled flat spot that should have the engine
ID stamped on it. Usually has 3 letters first, then serial. If you find
those letters, some sites have ID help for it, or I can look in my Red Book
for #'s. Course if that's been changed, then that don't help for year of
truck. Get a shop manual and the "Assembly Manual" from vendors. They are
the "Bible" of truck repairs on these. Get all the vendors catalogs, some
are great with pictures, some are not.  Some are on-line, check the
stovebolt links.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com