Re: [oletrucks] More on the tail light question.

To: cachomeimp@hotmail.com, jrdorsey@strato.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More on the tail light question.
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:12:14 -0500
Had some time to work on my panel truck taillight problem today.  Ran
seperate wires to the lights from a point before the left tail light door
contact.  No right brake light where I had some brake light before.  Played
aroung with the bulb and found that it would light by jiggling it.  Scraped
the inside of the socket with my pocket knife and presto, I had lights.
Apparently when I sprayed the inside of the light housing with silver
refelective paint, in order to give me brighter light in the rear, I built
up quite a layer inside the bulb socket as well.  This build up prevented
the bulb from grounding.  I now have the right light in the right place at
the right time.

However, I do not understand why I had any lights on the right side at all
becasue of the bad ground and why the lack of the bulb ground made the
lights act the way they did, especially the right side light going dark when
both lights were powered.  I would still like to understand what was going
on.  ANy insights would be helpful.