Re: [oletrucks] 283 question - RPO 354

To: <mark@noakes.com>, "Ole_Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 283 question - RPO 354
From: "kirk pierce" <kpierce@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:14:32 -0600
Ok.  The 3782461 heads are available and have 64 cc chambers.  With the
small bore of the 283, a 64 cc chamber will yield either 8.4:1 or 9.7:1
using Keith Black KB165 or KB166 pistons which should be okay (from
http://www.kb-silvolite.com/page21.htm#SECT1)

The camshaft would not be particularly useful for today.  Probably a single
pattern grind.  However, I would like to target the 300 horsepower range and
figured that I could use the original numbers to choose an appropriate
camshaft lift and duration range but with today's computer generated grind.
Most of todays cams are ground with different lobe center designs etc.

Thanks for the information.