[oletrucks] speaking of gas milage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] speaking of gas milage
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:31:03 -0500
The diesel thread has been interesting but does not appear to be a practical
swap for an AD. My 49 panel has a 350 with a mild Crane cam and a 4 bbl
Holly (550 cfm).  I use it daily in my home improvement business but I only
get about 9 MPG around town(6 MPG on the last fillup which is probably due
to the extreme cold weather we have been having). On the road I get about 16
MPG. Is this normal milage performance?  The truck runs good but the gas
milage is miserable.  I understand the 235 does not do much better. I also
understand that FI would boost milage but at what cost?