Re: [oletrucks] speaking of gas milage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] speaking of gas milage
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:15:00 -0800 (PST)
EFI seems to generally cost at least $2K to do as a swap and, while
theoretically
capable of more than 20 mpg in a truck like yours if transmission, final drive
gearing,
and tire size are also optimized for gas mileage, from previous posts I gather
that no
one who has done the swap has come close (my corvette gets 27mpg at 70mph).
Given the
relatively small incremental improvement in gas mileage (and even if it were
twice as
good), it would take a very long time to pay back the cost of the swap from
what you
would save in gasoline.

Mark Noakes