Re: [oletrucks] RE: Brakes

To: steve@OldSub.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Brakes
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:45:27 -0500
I had the same problems with the dual master under the floor and made my own
system,, I removed the master cylinder packed the reservoir with rags and care
full drilled an tapped an 1/8" pipe threaded  hole in to the reservoir just
below the rim on the highest end, then I took my die grinder and cut a 1/4"
groove between the two side to allow fluid to run between the two,removed the
rags, blew out any trash, I then screwed in a 1/8"NPT brass barb fitting in the
hole and attached a hose, for the  firewall mounted filler I connect to a
plastic reservoir from VW GHIA with the same size barb fitting but in
plastic,for a tighter seal around the the lid under the floor  for added leak
proofing I used two Stainless steel clamps around the the master cylinder and
tightened snug over the lid,I filled up the master cylinder close to the top
before I put the lid on, Might seem kinda funky but it doesn't leak a drop,,,
Ive been running it that way for 5 years,..Ive seen after market billet
reservoirs that you can buy too that would dress it real nice if you wanted a
cleaner lookRichard Scott57 cameo