RE: [oletrucks] 57 GMC suburban ( cameo) for sale on ebay

To: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 57 GMC suburban ( cameo) for sale on ebay
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:12:03 -0600
Mike:
I agree with your assessment.

This is a 55 or 56 (steering wheel and grill) that someone has put glass Cameo
fenders on.

I'm still looking for proof (sales lit, etc.) that all Suburban Carriers had
the deluxe trim package (stainless trim around the windows and stainless dash
panels) but I've never seen one without these items.

Dash has an ammeter, which I think was only offered on the small trucks in the
55.2 model with 6 cyl and standard trans which was a 6 volt system.  The
ammeter was also available on big trucks with 12 volt systems.  This truck has
a alternator.  When I put an alternator in mine I couldn't figure out how to
rig the idiot light so I replaced it with an ammeter.  Maybe that's what this
guy did too.

The Master Parts Book does not list a 4 barrel carb for the Pontiac based
engine.

Nice Hood Bird though.