Re: [oletrucks] 57 GMC suburban ( cameo) for sale on ebay

To: stephenzone@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 57 GMC suburban ( cameo) for sale on ebay
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:58:20 -0500
I went back and took a look at it again too.. these are my observations, the
seller is not posting the vin # so the year is not certain,57 model year is
very questionable, the steering wheel does appear to be the flat 55-56 style
however the horn button is something else it shouldnt stick out,the front end
is definetly not 57 GMC ,,I dont know about the GMC trucks but the  55 -56
Pontiac cars were avaibile with 4 barrels so that part my be true. I would
assume the GMC's were much the same as the chevy cousin the cameos,, if they
were then the custom cab should have chrome front bumpers (which it does have)
..what is missing is the s/s cab trim ,chrome window frames, S/S windsheild
trim,s/s  rear glass trim, the dash cluster would  be chromed outer
bezel,patterned brush chrome insert with round chrome bezels around the guages,
the knobs would be all chrome,as well as the ash tray, the tail gate would have
a smooth firberglass panel covering a letter less metal gate and would use
hidden tail gate cables  for support when open, the spare tire would store in a
fiberglass pod directly behind the hinges center section of the back bumper,
because it is missing so many vital pieces that would make it a  true surburban
or cameo,it is most likely it is an imposter. It would be intersting to see
inside the bed to see if it has the holes for the tailgate cable sash boxes or
if it has holes for step side fenders, I bet it has holes for step side fenders
since the tailgate chain brackets are evident on the box, someone may have
bolted on,the fiberglass fenders over a step side box then used  what appears
to be 54 chevy car tailights,, as far as the turnsignal.. all 55 second series
trucks in GMC and chevrolet that I have encountered have had the in the coulumn
cup style turn signals with the exception of the bigger commercial trucks used
for hauling trailers,,Richard