Re: [oletrucks] Hello

To: "Lisa Freeman" <lisa@tiora.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hello
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:43:36 -0700
I've seen four approaches:

1) complete frame swap from a later pickup.  S-10 looks to me like it works
better than a full-size, but both have been done.

2) front crossmember from a '73 - '87 pickup.  Called bolt-in but its really
more complicated than that sounds.

3) subframe graft.  Camaro or Chevelle are what people say.  I'm doing Monte
Carlo because the track width is a better match (and I already have it).

4) aftermarket crossmember, usually based on Mustang II.

I've chose subframe for the truck I'm building for my wife.  She isn't power
hungry, and it will have a mild V-8 when I'm done, but power steering and
brakes, easy and comfortable to drive, are my objectives.