Re: [oletrucks] t-shirts

To: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>, KremerRAK@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] t-shirts
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:19:59 -0400
I was in the stages of contacting John regarding getting permission to use
the artwork to get new t-shirts made. We have a family member who's in the
screen printing business and could get all this done very reasonably, all
probably at cost, with minimal hassles. Getting the original artwork and
hoping to get the press ready separations from John would make the process
even more simple. All this using the logo as it--any changes would require
more setups fees and increase cost.
That was my original plan and when the talk of a new logo surfaced the
process becomes very complicated. You can see how diverse folks want the
shirts to be just by the thread on the subject.  The past times, we set a
deadline to order, we'll even go as far as make a daily mention of the
t-shirts in a daily reminder to the list till this deadline is meet and
order that many shirts. No one gets stuck holding an inventory of unwanted
shirts and hopefully all are happy. This is still an option but as
mentioned before--gotta get permission from John to use his artwork, and if
this can't be obtained, we're back to creating a new one..   --wayne

At 08:29 PM 4/27/03 -0400, Rich Kosiba wrote:
>Originally I thought that Wayne was handling everything on the t-shirt
>deal, but it sounds like that's not the case. Is there someone who is
>taking on the responsibility of organizing the whole thing? If not then I
>hereby volunteer. I've managed projects like this before, except on a much
>larger scale.
>
>There has been a call for designs to be sent, but no word as to what
>format/resolution is needed. It seems that having this information ahead
>of time could save some resources when a design is chosen and we find that
>it can't be used to print on a t-shirt. Cost for 4-color process (can you
>do that on a shirt?), spot colors, or black and white could be an issue
>and limit designers.
>
>Also, there have been questions about where to print them, but it seems
>that some oletruckers have already volunteered to do the work, though cost
>hasn't been discussed yet.
>
>I think we need some direction and somebody to keep track of this before
>it gets out of hand.
>
>Rich

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org