Re: [oletrucks] new look for '54

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new look for '54
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:05:21 -0600
On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 01:22  PM, Bill Broadway wrote:
> But be honest, who rebuilds an old truck to abuse it? Not I.
> Bill

To throw in my two cents, I agree that lowering a truck "into the
weeds" looks pretty silly, especially if the body's kept original (not
chopped).  Sports cars are meant to be low to the ground, and trucks
are meant to drive over things.  But it is always interesting to see
what people do to their old trucks, even if I do have to laugh at them.
  I personally enjoy being able to drive over things in my '54, and to
load up the bed with building supplies for my house or to help a friend
move, as long as I remember that it's an old truck.  There's one speed
"dip" in my neighborhood that always pops the passenger door out of its
latch whenever I take it over 20 mph.

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
SNOE Mission Operations Lead Flight Controller
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
"To strive, to seek, to find . . . but not to yield!"
-- Alfred, Lord Tennyson